We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using SBB Mobil app to reserve seats

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
99 posts
13 reviews
6 helpful votes
Using SBB Mobil app to reserve seats

Hi I purchased a ticket via SBB mobile app for tomorrow leaving St Moritz at 13:48 to Tirano. It says that this trip has PR (paranomic Car) and that reservation is compulsory, I purchased a first class ticket. However i do not kno how to reserve a seat... it is not giving me the option. I clicked “ more ticket and reservation option” but still doesn’t let me.

According to SBB site, one is supposed to be able to reserve seats on the mobile app- that’s why I used this app.

Would the ticket office at the St Moritz be able to help me reserve seats?

2 replies to this topic
Schindellegi...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Kiev
Level Contributor
5,596 posts
33 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: Using SBB Mobil app to reserve seats

Check https:/… - RHB is the company operating Bernina Express

For Saturday (March 23, 2019) still plenty of free places for the 13:48 train in 1st and in 2nd class - for Sunday same train sold out (both 1st and 2nd class)

More at https:/…frequently-asked-questions-faqs

Quote "I am unable to make an online booking. Are there any alternative ways to book? - You can make your booking by calling the Rhaetian Railway Railservice on +41 (0)81 288 65 65. Bookings can also be made at all European rail outlets"

Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
10,379 posts
1 review
2. Re: Using SBB Mobil app to reserve seats

You only need the reservations for the panoramic cars. There are usually a few unreserved cars in the front. If places are still available (quite probably this time of year) you can also get them on the spot from the conductor.

Reply to: Using SBB Mobil app to reserve seats
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted