We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with A/C in St. Moritz area

Woodstock, Illinois
Level Contributor
493 posts
18 reviews
Hotels with A/C in St. Moritz area

I am having difficulty finding hotels in St. Moritz, or nearby towns (on rail line) such as Samedan or Zuoz that have air conditioning. I 'google' this, but the search results don't seem to actually be hotels with A/C.

I know, a lot of people will say it's not needed, but I've read one-too-many reviews about uncomfortable rooms due to unusual heat.

I'm planning a trip for next year, and intend to hike around St. Moritz area and will stay in any of the towns that have a rail station with easy access to St. Moritz.

Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,887 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Hotels with A/C in St. Moritz area

Do you realize that you are talking about an area nearly 1800 m above sea level? No one in their right mind would build a building with a/c there. There is a very good reason why people tell you that a/c is not needed.

Edited: 11:54 am, August 10, 2018
B W
Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
91 posts
58 reviews
2. Re: Hotels with A/C in St. Moritz area

You don't write what month you are going up there. It is the mountains and impossible to give a forecast. I am regularly up there in September and always have a room with a balcony which in the afternoon is fully exposed to the sun. Should upon my return in the afternoon the room be hot, and that is a big should, quickly opening the balcony door will solve the problem. I also had (last year) roughly a week of rain and clouds, I had snow, I had minus temperatures and quite pleasant ones with temperatures in their low 20C. Personally I wouldn't bother and stress myself out with AC

paris london
Level Contributor
5,426 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Hotels with A/C in St. Moritz area

You are correct in claiming "a lot of people will say it's not needed". That's because it's not needed. St Moritz has some of the grandest 5* hotels in Europe such as the Kulm and Badrutt's Palace. If their demanding customers asked for it, they would have it - and they don't.

If you are very sensitive to changes of temperature, you are going to have a tough time of it in the Engadin, where a person can experience temperature variations of as much as 20°C in a single day in summer, purely due to time of day, change of location, altitude and weather patterns. You might want to think carefully if it's the right destination for you.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,896 posts
444 reviews
4. Re: Hotels with A/C in St. Moritz area

We had an exceptionnally very hot summer this year in Switzerland with high temperatures even here in Engadin St. Moritz (up to 24 C daytime). During the night it however went always down to 8-10 C with two exceptions at 11 C. How low do you put your AC back home?

Reply to: Hotels with A/C in St. Moritz area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted