We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day of sightseeing on the way to st Moritz for ski group

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
day of sightseeing on the way to st Moritz for ski group

Our ski group ( 30 people) is arriving to Zurich airport on March 3 at 10 am and we need to be in St Moritz on Sunday about 3 pm . Any suggestion for one day stopover/overnight in the nice small town on the way to ski resort? Also we are looking for reliable private ski transfer company for private coach to/form St. Moritz resort. Thank you !

3 replies to this topic
St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day of sightseeing on the way to st Moritz for ski group

The problem will be that the night from Saturday to Sunday is usally booked by weekend travelers, so it will not be easy to find accomodation for 30 persons.

Do you travel with skiing equipment as well? Thus you would have to consider tang this along when you interrupt your journey or have it sent ahead of you to St. Moritz. In this case, a coach would charge you double, e.g. for two days.

In your case, I would check luggage at Zurich airport directly to St. Moritz, then travel by train to somewhere along the road (however with just little more than 3 hours journey I doubt this makes sense), and continue by train the next day. Or else, you could travel directly and get off at Chur to see the old town for a couple of hours and have lunch there and then continue all the way to St. Moritz.

If you want a coach I would suggest to travel all the way to St. Moritz with all your luggage. As far as I know, only Ming http://www.mingbus.ch/en/programme-transfers here in the area has a bus large enough for your group. Inquire with them.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day of sightseeing on the way to st Moritz for ski group

Thank you !

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day of sightseeing on the way to st Moritz for ski group

Why not just spend the night in Zurich and travel to St Moritz the next morning. Zurich is a great city for one day, and hotels are bigger and less booked on Saturday reflecting it's a business city. If you want to rent a bus, you can then do it as a single journey. You are making a more complicated by trying to 'split the journey'. I would much prefer a Saturday in Zurich to Chur.

Edited: 1:46 pm, October 18, 2017
Reply to: day of sightseeing on the way to st Moritz for ski group
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted