We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best 3 star hotel, for good location to get to lifts

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Best 3 star hotel, for good location to get to lifts

Some friends are staying at a Club Med, but it seems quite far away from the main part of St Moritz. I have usually booked charter trips to ski in Europe , but I'm considering booking my own accommodations, flight and lift tickets on my own. Which hotels would you recommend the most? The Hotel Hauser and Reine Victoria looks nice. Seems the Hotel Nolta is in a less convenient location. Which hotel would you choose, if you were to stay for a week in Feb?

Mentioned in this post
St. Moritz
St. Moritz
Engadin St. Moritz, Switzerland
Europe
Europe
World
Hauser Hotel St. Moritz
Hauser Hotel St. Moritz
621 Reviews
St. Moritz, Switzerland
Hotel Reine Victoria
Hotel Reine Victoria
133 Reviews
St. Moritz, Switzerland
3 replies to this topic
St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best 3 star hotel, for good location to get to lifts

Club Med and Reine Victoria is steps apart one from the other, both walking distance to the Signal cablecar and the end of the downhill run. Hotel Nolda is in the same area as well.

St. Moritz is divided in two parts, both lively, this may have confused you. The upper part is St. Moritz Dorf (village) from where the Corviglia cablecar leaves and where the pedestrian zone with all the designer shops and jewellers is (and where the hotel Hauser is located). The lower part is St. Moriz Bad (means spa, the original reason St. Moritz became a famous resort, due to the healing waters down there). There is still the spa center there and the public swimming pool etc. and as mentioned the Signal cablecar. From the top of Signal you connect to Corviglia and Marguns, the whole area on this side of the hill being interconnected. Have a look at the interactive 3D map on www.engadin.stmoritz.ch. On the other hillside you have the Corvatsch skiing area, with access from Silvaplana Surlej and with good snow conditions a beautiful descent directly to St. Moritz Bad at the end of your skiing. So wherever you choose to stay, Dorf or Bad, you find enough access to the mountains and good restaurants and entertainment. I would suggest you look what hotel appeals to you and first of all, check that your hotel is offering the reduced ski pass with two or more nights, it's really a great saving (CHF 38.00 a day) - see https:/… . February beeing top season you will probably not find many other packages as during shoulder season.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Reine Victoria
Hotel Reine Victoria
133 Reviews
St. Moritz, Switzerland
Hotel Nolda
Hotel Nolda
300 Reviews
St. Moritz, Switzerland
St. Moritz
St. Moritz
Hauser Hotel St. Moritz
Hauser Hotel St. Moritz
621 Reviews
St. Moritz, Switzerland
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best 3 star hotel, for good location to get to lifts

Thank you! I appreciate your detailed response. My friends preferred the Club Med approach, and that wasn't how I wanted to experience St Moritz, so I stayed home this winter. I hope to stay at one of the hotels you recommended some day. :)

Mentioned in this post
St. Moritz
St. Moritz
St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best 3 star hotel, for good location to get to lifts

Sorry to hear you did not come - it was the perfect winter with lots of snow and the ski runs are (or would - as many of the cablecars closed the season last Sunday) still perfect. Come back here if you have questions planning for next time.

Reply to: Best 3 star hotel, for good location to get to lifts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted