We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Zurich to Davos in June

Which Davos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from Zurich to Davos in June

I am a pensioner travelling alone to Davos to meet up with friends at an apartment we have booked for 9 days in June. I arrive at Zurich airport from the uk. I would welcome advice on the most economical, suitable rail pass to get to Davos and back to the airport. I have looked at the different passes on Swiss rail and think probably the Transfer ticket at £75 might be best. I don't expect to venture far. I can buy a half fare card cheaper at £58 but do I have to pay extra on each trip I make?

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Zurich to Davos in June

Yes, with a half fare card you buy a ticket each time and it costs half of the full price. If you really don't think you'll be going about much then you might be better off sticking with the transfer ticket. Remember, however that the half fare card can be used on most buses and various other forms of transport and short hops can build up if you are paying full price each time.

I'm sure one of the main public transport experts will be along soon and might have some other thoughts.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Zurich to Davos in June

Thank you for clearing that up for me!

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Zurich to Davos in June

I think thaat the Swiss Card would be the best option which is the Swiss Transfer ticket plus the half price card. www.swisstravelsystem.co.uk

For the past few summers visitors staying at least one night in the Davos area are entitled to the visitors card which gives you free travel on trains between Davos and Klosters, free rides on the cable cars and funiculars and some free bus routes in the area too. www.davos.ch

4. Re: Travelling from Zurich to Davos in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 21, 2009