We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night at the Engadine - Suggestions needed

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
24 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
One night at the Engadine - Suggestions needed

Hi everyone,

even though being Swiss citizen and having paternal roots in the Upper Engadine (S-Chanf) I got some questions regarding planning a trip in December between Christmas and New Year's Eve.

I am currently planning a 2 days trip from Zurich to the Engadine. The over night stay should be situated at the RhB Railway Network, preferably somewhere between Scuol and Zuoz or down the Valposchiavo. Additionally, as a photo enthusiast, it would be excellent to be at a location where I can take interesting shots (e.g. buildings, sunset, sunrise).

If there are some additional pleasures such as a spa, I would not mind :)

Does anyone of you have a suggestion/recommendation to make the trip successful? :) Thank you very much in advance!

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
33,435 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night at the Engadine - Suggestions needed

I personally think it is going to be hard to find a hotel that will take you for just one night in the Engadine or the Valposchiavo between Christmas and New Year.

Perhaps the best thing to do is to go onto the various tourist office websites and put your date(s) into their search engines and see what, if anything, comes up!

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
24 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night at the Engadine - Suggestions needed

Thank you very much for your reply. I fully agree on your concerns and already noticed certain limits when it comes to the min. nights during this period. There are hotels which are available but their prices are definitely not within my budget (a night for 500-700 Euro is not what I'm looking for :). I expanded my search to Tirano now.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
33,435 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night at the Engadine - Suggestions needed

Tirano might be the place to go. Not at all a mountain resort and only about 15mins from Poschiavo (and prices in Euros so lower than francs!!)

It is a nice town. The Adda river runs through it and - forgive the pun! adds quite a bit to the scenery...

4. Re: One night at the Engadine - Suggestions needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, April 12, 2015