We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking mystery

Iowa
Level Contributor
322 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Booking mystery

We book almost a year ahead for a favorite flat in Wengen through Interhome. When I checked their website today, it appears they are not taking bookings beyond August 2016. Since we have a confirmed (deposit paid) booking for September 2016, I am wondering what is going on? I have emailed Interhome, but often get quicker, accurate answers to questions through TA. Anyone know what is going on, if anything?

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking mystery

It's most likely nothing more than a computer program that cuts off booking more than a certain amount of time out. However, that's curious because you were already able to book it for beyond that time. It may be that the owner changed their preferences to allow booking only up to so many months out. You've done the best thing by contacting Interhome.

It sounds like you've stayed in this flat before. Did you book it through Interhome then?

Iowa
Level Contributor
322 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking mystery

Heard back from Interhome....no problem; the calendar was changed so it only shows a few months in advance. Interhome responded quickly as that have previously. Yes, we have booked this flat before through Interhome. I give them high marks, great service before and during our stays. (I have no professional or financial connection to Interhome.)

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking mystery

That's good news! I'm glad all turned out to be well!

4. Re: Booking mystery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 12, 2016