We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening clothing in Wengen in July

Which Wengen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dunfermline...
1 post
Save Topic
Evening clothing in Wengen in July

Hi,

My partner and I are spending a week in Wengen this month. I'm know to layer clothing during the day for walking but I'm less sure what to pack for evening wear. What do women tend to wear to dinner/bars in the evening? I do not want to be over or under dressed. Should I take some dresses or are trousers more appropriate and should I stick with smart flats at night or take high heels? Will a lightweight jacket be enough in the evenings? Thanks in advance.

Fiona

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,126 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening clothing in Wengen in July

Hi, casual dark trousers with a nice top and flats would be fine. Probably won't see dresses or high heels because most folks come to Wengen for outdoor activities during the day and neither a dress or heels would be packed. It can be very chilly in the mountain villages at night so I would take a cardigan if you will be walking much.

Have a great trip!

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening clothing in Wengen in July

Agree with KM...no need for heels or dress! casual pants and attractive top will do in Wengen. Many come in jeans and tops at night as well. sandal or flats...depending on weather. Some nights this summer so far have been cold enough to require more than a sweater...so I would definitely have layers available. Then again,so far it has been quite rainy and cool...but who knows...can never really predict in Swiss mountains!

Edited: 3:04 am, July 13, 2014
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening clothing in Wengen in July

Thank you both for your helpful replies, the heels will stay at home!

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening clothing in Wengen in July

Thank you both for your helpful replies, the heels will stay at home!

5. Re: Evening clothing in Wengen in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 15, 2015