We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question re stay in Wengen Oct 7 - 9, 2013

Hawaii
Level Contributor
399 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Question re stay in Wengen Oct 7 - 9, 2013

I have been to Wengen many times. I would like to do some different hikes this time around. If the weather is good (no rain). Is it advantageous to get a train pass for the gondola and lifts on the mountain? I usually just buy a ticket for whatever lift I take. There may be a better way to save - any suggestions? I have never been to Murren & Trummelbach Falls - should I go over to that area for the day to explore these sites or just go to Tourist Office in Wengen to find some hikes that I have not done in the Wengen area. We are in our 40's and love a good hike. Appreciate any suggestions from the forum. Thank you.

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,935 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question re stay in Wengen Oct 7 - 9, 2013

If you're up for it there's a good hike from Wengen south past Stalden that goes over the Trummelbach and deposits you on the valley floor right next to the Trummelbach Falls. It's not dead easy but not a killer either. Should take about 3 1/2 hrs.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
399 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question re stay in Wengen Oct 7 - 9, 2013

O.k. That sounds good. We are in very good shape so we should do o.k. Thanks so much.

Wengen, Switzerland
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question re stay in Wengen Oct 7 - 9, 2013

Hello HawaiiWang,

On Monday you'll arrive in Wengen. Thank you so much!

I hope that you have all the necessary information. If not, please feel free to ask here or visit us directly at the Tourist Center (9am to 6pm).

See you soon and best regards from the Tourist Center Wengen,

Rolf

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question re stay in Wengen Oct 7 - 9, 2013

Dear Rolf,

I think we talked in June in a tour you led to introduce the village. I Hope you can help me with this. We are planning to return to Wengen next year, and have been communicating with Dorothee of Wemgen Chalet Service about renting an apartment for two weeks. However, it seems that both the website and her email have not worked. Do you have any idea what has happened?

TC

Jungfrau Region
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question re stay in Wengen Oct 7 - 9, 2013

Dear TC,

So great to hear from you. I remember you of course :)

The organization "interhome" took over the Chalet-Service. Therefore, there might be no more contact. The staff is still the same.

Please write to that E-Mail address: wengen@interhome.ch and they will get in touch with you.

It's also possible to visit our official webpage: www.wengen.ch and there you can see a list of our holiday-homes.

Hope to see you soon in Wengen and best regards to Hong Kong :)

Rolf

Edited: 4:03 am, October 14, 2013
Wengen, Switzerland
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Question re stay in Wengen Oct 7 - 9, 2013

Dear TC,

So great to hear from you. I remember you of course :)

The organization "interhome" took over the Chalet-Service. Therefore, there might be no more contact. The staff is still the same.

Please write to that E-Mail address: wengen@interhome.ch and they will get in touch with you.

It's also possible to visit our official webpage: www.wengen.ch and there you can see a list of our holiday-homes.

Hope to see you soon in Wengen and best regards to Hong Kong :)

Rolf

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question re stay in Wengen Oct 7 - 9, 2013

Hi Rolf, Thank you for your prompt reply. Now I know why my emails were returned. I hope to see you again next summer in wengen. Cheers,

TC

8. Re: Question re stay in Wengen Oct 7 - 9, 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 17, 2014