We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wengen in January

Durban, South Africa
3 posts
Save Topic
Wengen in January

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of going to Club Med in Wengen in January, however I'm not sure which dates to pick just yet. My 1st choice was the week of the 19th Jan - 26th Jan, however I just want to know how busy Wengen will be at that time. I Know there is the Lauberhorn race which finishes on the 19th (day of arrival) but I also see there is a snow festival in Grindelwald from the 16th - 21st.

Just want to ask if it would be better to go the week of the 26th - 2nd Feb instead. I don't mind busy but I don't want it ridiculously busy. If it's not too bad over the 19th week it would be nice to be able to see some of the festival.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Hayden

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wengen in January

The Lauberhorn week is usually a madhouse in Wengen with people everywhere but things generally calm down for the rest of the month of January. Then February gets a little busier as the height of the ski season.

Durban, South Africa
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wengen in January

Thanks so much mountaintopper for the reply, really appreciate it :)

Wengen, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wengen in January

Hi Haydon

True what Mountaintopper said. However, you are arriving on Sunday when the Race is finishing. Therefore you actually are looking for a very quite week in Terms of Skiers. In the Village Center there will be still lots of Equipment to be removed and the Lauberhorn Downhill might not be fully accessible for recreational Skiers.

Other than that, your January week is (counting on good Wheater and Snow Conditions) a perfect Time to be in Wengen.

Durban, South Africa
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wengen in January

Hey Martin, sorry for the late reply. Thanks so much for the info, that is really helpful and will help me make up my mind.

Thanks so much :)

Hayden

5. Re: Wengen in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Wengen