We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking in Wengen

Seattle, Washington
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hiking in Wengen

I will be going to Switzerland in Mid-August and will be staying in Wengen for 3 days with my family of 5. We will be staying in Hotel Edelweiss and don't want a hike too far away from it. We want the hike to have scenery and be easy for a 8 year-old, a 11 year-old, and a 15 year-old. The max time should be about 2 hours and 30 minutes of hiking!

Thanks!

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,938 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking in Wengen

One of the favorite hikes in the area is from the upper cablecar station at Mannlichen down to Kleine Scheidegg. The views are great and the trail is flat and easy for all in your group. It takes about 1 1/2 hrs. If you wish to continue you can take the trail from Kleine Scheidegg down to Wengernalp where you can get on the train for the rest of the way back to Wengen. Views are great all along the whole way.

Seattle, Washington
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking in Wengen

Thanks!

Singapore
Level Contributor
527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking in Wengen

We went to Wengen 2 yrs ago and we did the cable car ride up and down. But we really wanted to do the hike but had no proper shoes then.

Please remember the weather can change quickly - we were there when it was sunny and then it had dark clouds suddenly.

You can see photos if you like here. I have shared it on my blog, to remember our trips.

baconandjackrussells.com/2013/…

baconandjackrussells.com/2013/…

4. Re: Hiking in Wengen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 03, 2014