We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Wengen rental option (Forsthaus or Eden)?

Which Wengen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Topic
Which Wengen rental option (Forsthaus or Eden)?

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to stay between:

the 2nd floor apartment at Chalet Forsthaus (across from the Wengen pool)

and

a 3rd floor apartment at Eden-Residence (near Hotel Falken).

This is for a stay in July.

Thanks.

Carole

Edited: 11:42 am, October 16, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Wengen rental option (Forsthaus or Eden)?

My husband and I will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary next year, September, 2013, and Wengen is one of our destinations. Since our adult daughter will be traveling with us we thought a chalet/apartment might be more comfortable for us. We would like a very nice accomodation with fantastic views and not too far from the center of the village. Our plans are to spend one week in Wengen.

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Wengen rental option (Forsthaus or Eden)?

Hi again cawhite

Unless someone reading your post has stayed at both so can make a comparison I think you will have to make your own decision.

What I can say is that we had several wonderful two week stays in Apartment 1 at Chalet Forsthaus when our children were younger. Plenty of room. All the facilities you could need. Large balcony. Garden in which to sit out and magnificent views of the mountain and village. As you say it is located opposite the swimming pool some 200 metres past the Eden with a further height rise of about 5 metres.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Wengen rental option (Forsthaus or Eden)?

Thanks, swissholic. I was most interested in which has the better location and view, rather than the actual apartment itself so your info. is helpful. I'm also thinking about distance to carry luggage and groceries.

Forsthaus is about CHF450 more for apartment 1 (turns out it is actually available) than Eden for our total # of days. So Eden fits our budget better, but Forsthaus really looks nice.

Carole

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Wengen rental option (Forsthaus or Eden)?

Have stayed at both. Forsthaus every time. The apartments in the Eden are ok but are a little cramped and impersonal. The Forsthaus is in a lovely position overlooking the village.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Wengen rental option (Forsthaus or Eden)?

Thanks weizen_mike.

The larger unit at Forsthaus ended up being unavailable for our dates so we booked an apartment unit at Chalet Am Acher instead.

6. Re: Which Wengen rental option (Forsthaus or Eden)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 09, 2013