We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swiss Half Fare Card for Jungfraujoch?

South Africa
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Swiss Half Fare Card for Jungfraujoch?

Hi there!

I will be visiting Switzerland in December 2005 and will be staying in the Lauterbrunnen valley for 3 days. From here I will visit Wengen and Muerren. I plan on going up to Jungfraujoch ("Top of Europe"), but I see that it is quite expensive. I noticed that I will get a 25% discount with a swiss pass, but I am actually more interested in the SWISS HALF FARE CARD, as this will fit the rest of my travels better. What I want to know, is whether I will get a 50% discount on all train and cable car travel in the Jungfrau region with my Half Fare Card? In particular, will I get 50% discount of the travel up to Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn with the Half Fare Card?

Thanks for all your great help!

Warm greetings from sunny South Africa!

Skiset Wengen
Gift & Specialty Shops, Gear Rentals
Wengen Day Trips
Day Trips, Specialty Museums, Waterfalls, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swiss Half Fare Card for Jungfraujoch?

According to the SBB website you get 50% discount with the 1/2 fare card. Not sure about Schilthorn though - I thin it would be only 25%, but the Schilthorn tickets are much cheaper.

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swiss Half Fare Card for Jungfraujoch?

I'm pretty sure the schilthorn is also 50% still. You may do better to buy the walkers card, which will get you to almost everywhere in the area, or the Jungfrau 6 day pass, where you need to pay 50% for the last bit up Schilthorn and Jungfraujocj only. The ski season starts in December, so you would need to check what's available at the time you go.

You need the Jungfrau railways site for these