We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rail passes

Which Wengen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, GA
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rail passes

My husband and I are traveling through Germany, Switzerland, and Austria beginning next week. We will be spending three nights in Wengen. We have a Select Saver railpass. It does not seem that a Swiss pass will be worth it for that short of time. However, I can not figure out if the Jungfrau Railways Pass is worth it for us. We are planning on doing a lot of hiking/walking, not so much riding. Is it worth the 195 CHF?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks!

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rail passes

kalhmera from the very very rainy switzerland,

Since the weather at the moment is very instabile, I suggest you wait until you are here and then decide about the Jungfrau pass.

If you are doing lots of hinking, then it is maybe better to get point-to-point tickets. If it keeps raining so hard then you might decide you want to travel by train instead.

jungfraubahn.ch/en/…

I hope the weather will get better though.

tak

2. Re: Rail passes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, September 07, 2009