We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need itinerary advice: Murren in October

Fairfax, Virginia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need itinerary advice: Murren in October

Hello,

I hope to spend 3-4 nights in Murren during the second week of October as part of a 2 week long trip to Switzerland.

My friends in Geneva recommended Murren as a place to stay in the Jungfrau region. I'm having a hard time deciding on crafting an itinerary because everything looks so beautiful.

How would YOU spend 3-4 nights in Murren? I know I can't see everything, so I welcome your advice. I do love to hike, and am fairly experienced, so any advice on good trails would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Julie

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need itinerary advice: Murren in October

The Schilthorn is the main attraction on that side of the valley so plan a half day for that.

If you are looking for easier hikes then take the train over to Grutchalp and walk back to Murren. Nice easy trail with great views all the way.

Above the village there is a nice loop trail that starts at Almendhubel that has really nice views of the big three.

On the other side of the valley you can take the train to Wengen and the lift up to Mannlichen. The walk from there down to Kleine Scheidegg is one of the best in the area. This is also a good walk to include in a trip to the Jungfraujoch if you decide to go up there.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need itinerary advice: Murren in October

Pl make note of the fact quite a few of the hotels and stores/shops will be closed or will start closing by mid October. On the positive side, there will be less of crowds. Of course, the weather will be cold specially at nights.

3. Re: Need itinerary advice: Murren in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 10, 2015