We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gondola and cable car up to mountain hotel

Which Murren hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
gondola and cable car up to mountain hotel

Hi Swiss travel experts,

Would like to know if it is all right to haul a 20 inch trolley case on to gondala or cable car when going up to our mountain inn?

Are there discounts to museum entries on non-travel days for a Swiss Flexi pass holder?

How about discounts on the scenic rail routes like the Bernina Express?

thank you

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gondola and cable car up to mountain hotel

>Would like to know if it is all right to haul a 20 inch trolley case on to gondala or cable car when going up to our mountain inn?

Yes.

>Are there discounts to museum entries on non-travel days for a Swiss Flexi pass holder?

No.

>How about discounts on the scenic rail routes like the Bernina Express?

100% on travel days. 50% on non-travel days. Cost of seat reservation extra.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gondola and cable car up to mountain hotel

What do you mean with the mountain inn? If you stay at a remote mountain hut, the problem is not the cable car, the problem is that you may need a several hours hike to the place. If your mountain inn is right at the top of the cable car, your luggage is not an issue unless you try to move your kitchen sink...

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: gondola and cable car up to mountain hotel

Hi swissaholic,

Thank you. Thinking of booking a package that includes 2 nights hotel stay at Lugano & st.Moritz, and keeping my flexi days for other inter cities trip. 1 bought a 5 days flexi pass for 12 days in Switzerland.

Is this a good idea?

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: gondola and cable car up to mountain hotel

Hi altamiro,

Not moving kitchen sink, and my luggage will weigh 5kg at most.

Glad to know it's not a problem. You see l leave in a flat city state and this

Is my first trip to the mountains of Swiss country. Yes, my inn is short walk from station.

Thanks for the assurance.

5. Re: gondola and cable car up to mountain hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 03, 2014