We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geneva to Murren then where?

Perth
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Geneva to Murren then where?

We have only 2 days to spare between Geneva and Zurich, so were thinking of spending some time in Murren and look around that area.

Is it feasible to train it from Geneva to Murren and spend any quality time. I looked at trains and it appears they are all later afternoon, which means no time that day to travel around Murren. I wanted to visit Jungfrau too...

Should we train to Murren, spend 2 nights there as base and then train it up to Zurich? Or should we spend the early part of one day in Murren then in the afternoon train to Interlaken or Luseunne?

Am I being too optimistic?

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
8,417 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Geneva to Murren then where?

It makes sense to stay in one place as you only have 2 days. Each time you move you waste time. If you have 2 days you will be able to explore the area. You can explore the area around Murren and the Lauterbrunnen valley on one day and on the other you could see Wengen and get over to Grindelwald.

Sorry I don't understand your statement about trains in the afternoon. There are connections through the whole of the day to Murren.

Enjoy your trip.

2. Re: Geneva to Murren then where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 01, 2014