We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

murren to gimmelwald via ferrata

hawaii
Level Contributor
583 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
murren to gimmelwald via ferrata

hello

is there any way to do this adventure mountain hike around June 7-8?

i read somewhere that this option opens June 15?

help

thank you

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: murren to gimmelwald via ferrata

I believe it is open year round. Here is a link for their webpage: klettersteig-muerren.ch/cms/…

Contact them directly and verify. I can tell you that I did it 2 years ago when we were in the area and it was a lot of fun. You can pay a tour guide to go with you or you can just rent the equipment and do it on your own for 25 CHF. We did it on our own and felt completely safe.

West Hollywood...
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: murren to gimmelwald via ferrata

Desslock, do you have mountaineering experience? If so, I wonder if this route has enough back country remote feel. I prefer solitude and remoteness...

Robcar03, what other routes have you done that are memorable?

~LuckyChucky

Yellowknife, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: murren to gimmelwald via ferrata

This link states June 15 for opening. There is also a phone number:

klettersteig-muerren.ch/cms/…prospek_08.pdf

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: murren to gimmelwald via ferrata

Can anyone tell me about how long it takes? I'm guessing around 2 hours, is this enough time? Thanks.

5. Re: murren to gimmelwald via ferrata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 29, 2014