We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schilthorn

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Schilthorn

Hi, I am travelling with 2 kids to Lauterbrunnen on 29th May with a visit in the morning to Schilthorn. Being from a tropical country, the kids are excited about snow. Can they play around in the snow on the slopes or is it that at Schilthorn we can only be at the restaurant Piz Gloria?

Also, can somebody advise if there are sunglasses/ski glasses available for rent for kids at Murren or Schilthorn? Would ski pants for kids be available too?

Thanks

Smitha

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,939 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schilthorn

You can walk out onto the snow at the Schilthorn.

The sport stores in Murren generally rent clothing and equipment but I'm not sure if they rent sunglasses.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schilthorn

I shouldn't worry about the ski wear, just a couple of layers of trousers. There's not a big area they can play in, it gets too steep to go far. Plenty of snow for a snowball fight though. Possibly carry some spare shoes up the mountain with you.

Sun glasses are useful throughout the trip, not just up Schilthorn. I'm very surprised that you can't get sunglasses easily from shops in Mumbai. It's the same sun in Mumbai and Switzerland. You are closer to it on Schilthorn so go for something with good protection, and then wear them often.

Have Fun

Edited: 1:35 pm, May 13, 2013
3. Re: Schilthorn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 15, 2014