We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October?

Which Murren hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
355 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
October?

Our only window for travel to this area is the first two weeks of October? Will everything be closed during this time?

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
88 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October?

Hi,

We're planning to travel there just a couple of weeks before you (last week of Sept) and although I can't speak from experience, all the research I've done indicates that MOST things stay open through the hiking season, which ends in the middle of October.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October?

Some of the hotels may be offering limited accomodations but all of the public services will be operating. The weather will surely be cooler but you should be enjoying the fall color. It shouldn't be snowing except at the higher elevations.

Europe
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October?

In Europe, and specially Switzerland, October is the month of fall holidays in schools so things are going to be open.

In the mountains, you should enjoy a particularly bright and clear view and, as someone said, wonderfull colours.

Be sure to take sweathers and some thick pants and woolen jackets with you. October can be still mild but also cold and even snow-covered.

Enjoy! Linnen CH

4. Re: October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 15, 2009