We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Murren by train please..

New York, NY
Level Contributor
205 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Paris to Murren by train please..

Any discounts for disabled people, a 15 yr old? Please advise best route/time of day. Traveling on a Thursday. Also please let me know how to get faster from Murren to Zurich. Thanks.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,014 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to Murren by train please..

As directed in another thread you asked, use http://www.tgv-europe.com/ selecting something besides USA as your country. Full instructions here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187070-i12-k51054…

I would see if you can get advance purchase fares. In order to get a paper ticket, you can actually book to Basel and then buy Swiss tickets onward at the station.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,493 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris to Murren by train please..

In Switzerland children under 16 are half fare. I don't think we have any discounts for disabled people here. Nor in France.

Best route depends on what you mean by "best" - I assume "quickest" ??

So - Paris to Basel SBB, then Basel SBB to Interlaken Ost (there are a few direct trains) OR Basel SBB to Bern, change to Interlaken Ost. Then Interlaken Ost to Lauterbrunnen. And from there either cable car up towards Mürren, change to a train, OR bus to Stechelberg, cable car direct to Mürren via Gimmelwald.

In either case the easiest way to get train times etc is by

www.sbb.ch/en which will give you all the info you need from Paris with all the connections...

New York, NY
Level Contributor
205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris to Murren by train please..

Thank you and thank you!

4. Re: Paris to Murren by train please..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:43 pm, June 18, 2013