We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellagio to Murren

Which Murren hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Bellagio to Murren

My husband & I are flying to Milan, then Bellagio for 4 days in mid-August. We would love to go on to visit Murren, but are confused about how long the trip is and how to best get there. We have a total of 7 days before we need to be back to Milan to fly home.

We are 50+, in good shape for hiking and biking, budget is medium for hotels and food, with the occasional splurge. We are happy in museums, but hope to be outside in nature as much as possible.

The Hotel Edelweiss was recommended by friends.

Anything else in northern Italy, Southern Switzerland we must see while we are there? Bike tours? Overnight hikes?

Thanks in advance.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
12,946 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellagio to Murren

Hi KateFB and wellcome on the forum

You can find your itinary on www.sbb.ch/en . Bellagio is not available on the timetable. You will need to look from Como to Mürren. There is a bus from Bellagio to Como - www.sptlinea.it/LinkClick.aspx… -.

pore

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellagio to Murren

Thanks for the good advice.

We are also interested in the scenic trains Bernina Express and Glacier. Any way you can think of to combine one of those with our travel around Lake Como and Murren? or should that be a separate trip?

I appreciate any thoughts.

kate

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
12,946 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellagio to Murren

Hi Kate

The Bernina Express goes from Tirano (Italy) via St. Moritz to Chur while the Glacier Express goes from St. Moritz via Chur (same track as Bernina Express) to Zermatt.

You will not have time to cover any of them in only four days if you also would like to cover Mürren.

What you could do is to go to Tirano from Bellagio - see www.trenitalia.com/ -, take the Bernina Express to the St. Moritz area - www.engadin.stmoritz.ch/sommer/en/ - and stay there until you need to leave for Milano (Palmexpress from St. Moritz to Lugano - postauto.ch/en/…pag-angebot-detail.htm - and the Star bus to Milano Malpensa - http://www.starstation.ch/pagina_orari.php -. Both busses need a reservation.

pore

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bellagio to Murren

We're on the tail end if our 1.5 mth in Italy - murren, now fr 4 days- ending in Paris next week. We had 4 days in Bellagio during the start. we did the Bernina pass (fr Tirano- st moritz) as a very long day trip and we loved it as we had the sunniest weather.

From my experience, if I had 7 days, I would spend only 2-3 days max in Bellagio, and then do the Bernina Pass and spend a night in St Mortiz, next day continue to Chur, then , work our way to Murren spending 2-3 nights in Murren.

Now this is going to make it tricky to plan:I hear the Tirano-st moritz- chur route is only worthwhile if you have good weather. Also for details of getting to Tirano fr Bellagio, I hear te travel agent in Bellagio is good help.

Good luck! The Bernina Pass and murren ( with awesome clear weather today) are certainly the top highlights of our trip.

5. Re: Bellagio to Murren

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, October 10, 2012