We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Murren any good?

Which Murren hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Is Murren any good?

I am going to Murren in March but I am noe having reservations as I am told it is a bit quiet and the skiing is either very difficult or very easy - nit much in between.

Anyone can give me some comfort?

Hertfordshire,UK
Level Contributor
62 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Murren any good?

Hi there, well we are not skiers but we were in Murren two weeks ago it was bliss a pure winter wonderland. We sledged one of the routes down into Murren and could thoroughly recommend the place. We stayed in the Bellevue Hotel and it was gorgeous, fabulous food in the restaurant in the evenings and great views from our room which had a balcony.

You can visit the mountain, Shilthorn, where the 007 film was shot but the day we tried the clouds were so low it was too foggy to see anything. There are some good walks/hikes from and to Murren as well. Our view is that it is a great place and not especially quiet.

Arizona
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Murren any good?

Murren's fantastic. The ski area is fairly small, but still big enough for a few days. You can always head across the valley to Wengen or Grindelwald for a day if you want more slopes. There are probably 8-10 lifts in Murren.

March is quieter than Feb, but I'd still get reservations somewhere before going. www.muerren.ch is the official tourism site and will have all the hotels. I go to Murren every year - I think all the hotels are fine.

June-Sept it's about the best place for hiking you'll ever find. Tons of great trails, waterfalls, viewpoints.

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Murren any good?

DMSNAR;How did the rest of your trip go? Did you get to Randonge and take a trip on the Glacier Express. Could you please post a report?