We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk to or from Grutschalp?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
587 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Walk to or from Grutschalp?

Does it really matter if we walk from Murren to Grutschalp or if we walk from Grutschalp to Murren? Is it a hill? Is the view better in one direction?

tks

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk to or from Grutschalp?

Walk from Grutschalp to Murren, then you are facing the Eiger Monch and Jungfrau, it's a beautiful walk and mostly on the flat. I being out of condition took about an hour to walk from Grutschalp to Winteregg the middle station, which is a good place to stop for a coffee break or a meal.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
587 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk to or from Grutschalp?

Oh great idea - thanks!

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk to or from Grutschalp?

Hi, I have walked this route a number of times, and I prefer to start at Grutschalp and walk to Murren. Far better views. Not a difficult walk at all.

Enjoy.

John.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
415 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk to or from Grutschalp?

One more vote for ..... FROM Grutschalp ! :)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
587 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk to or from Grutschalp?

Much appreciated! Thanks for the input - I'll post my next question as I continue....

6. Re: Walk to or from Grutschalp?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 19, 2012