We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wengen

Which Murren hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Wengen

Eight adult extended family members planning a 3-day visit to Wengen (or Murren). Any suggestions for clean, relatively inexpensive chalet rentals in each area? Can you suggest any "don't miss" views/hikes/restaurants?

San Jose, CA
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wengen

My preference is Wengen, a bit larger and a bit more to do. I also prefer the views from there, although others prefer Murren.

When are you going?

I highly recommend Chalet Service for booking your chalet rental. I have used them 13 times in past 13 years and have always been happy, as have others I have referred to them.

Chalet-Service

Dorothee and Adolph von Allmen

CH-3823 Wengen

info@chalet-service.com

www.chalet-service.com

Tel: + 41-79-415-05-54

Fax: + 41-33-855-38-71

Email Dorothee and let her know your arrival/departure dates, number of guests, amenities that are important to you. She will usually be able to recommend several properties and will send you pictures as well.

Chalet Service is one of the few agencies that allows rentals less than one week (usually Sat to Sat)

I have a 30 page document of things to do, transport tips, restaurant opinions, etc in Wengen area. Happy to send it to you but need your email address. Send it to me via TA's private message feature, don't post your email up on the public forum.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wengen

Thank you so much.

We are going in mid-August. Glad to hear you have been happy with Dorothee and Adolph von Allmen rentals. I had already contacted them & have some suggestions from Dorothee. Wanted to see if others had been happy with their experience with them.

Please tell me how to privately email you from TA's private message feature--not familiar with that . . .

San Jose, CA
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wengen

Click on my screen name (KimSanJose), then click on Send Message in left had column.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wengen

Ok, thanks!

5. Re: Wengen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 17, 2010