We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris-Murren-Lucerne Zurich

Which Murren hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Paris-Murren-Lucerne Zurich

What is the easiest and cheapest way to reach Murren from Paris? After visiting swiss rail site and doing a bit of research I have come to this conclusion:

1. 27 May Paris to Basel by TGV (I assume swiss rail pass doesn't cover this route). Then I will use 4 day flexi pass from Basel. Further travel is as follows:

2. 27 May Basel to Murren (by train and ropeway)

3. 29 May Murren to Lucerne

4. 31 May- Lucern to Zurich to catch flight home

We plan to stay 2 days at Murren then we will go to Lucerne and spent 2 days and 2 nights ther. Planning to visit a lot of places in Lucern.

Is it possible to buy flexi pass for 4 days after I arrive in Basel?

If I hav a flexi pass, do I still need reservation is train or I can hop in hop out?

It's my first trip and appears quite complicated becoz we are budget travellers.

Is it possible to buy swiss rail pass after I arrive Basel?

I want to buy 4 day swiss flixi pass. Is it possible to buy 4 day flexi pass after reaching Basel.

canada
Level Contributor
7,497 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris-Murren-Lucerne Zurich

Yes you can buy your Pass on arrival in Basel station. Reservation is not necessary if you are not going to take the glass box Panoramic railcar. Tell the sbb agent what trips you plan to do, they are more apt to calculate the cheapest fare for you.

2. Re: Paris-Murren-Lucerne Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 28, 2010