We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Venice to Murren

Which Murren hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Venice to Murren

My husband and I will be traveling from Venice to Murren staying for 4 days and then on to Paris. We have made the decision to purchase a 3 country eurail pass. I have 3 questions: 1) is Interlaken the best station to arrive into Switzerland and then how do we purchase the tickets we will need to get to Murren? 2) which station in Interlaken would be best to arrive, east or west? 3) Are there ATM machines in the Interlaken station so that we may purchase Swiss Francs when we arrive?

Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel from Venice to Murren

I am trying to clarify exactly how the Swiss card works. I was told by raileurope that if I purchase the swiss card, it provides 100% coverage from any Swiss destination ROUND Trip. From the postings here, I was understanding that it would cover me from for example: Domodossola to Interlaken and then from Interlaken to Basel, whwere I would then pay for the train to Paris. They said it's only for a round trip from one swiss city. Still confusing. Is there a number that I can call for the Swiss rail system or can someone clarify.

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,483 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Travel from Venice to Murren

The Swiss Card will cover you from a border to ONE destination and from there back to a border. It does not have to be the same border location. You can get the full wording as regards validity at:- …ch-direct.org/dcs/users/71/T673_e.pdf

The 2nd Class Swiss Card costs 182 CHF. Domodossola to Murren and from there to Basel will work out cheaper with a 1 month Half Fare Card at 99 CHF. You can check rail fares at:- www.sbb.ch/en/index.htm

13. Re: Travel from Venice to Murren

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 09, 2010