We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

murren vs zermatt

Which Murren hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lehi,Utah
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
murren vs zermatt

I plan on spending 3 days in the alps. If you had to pick one of these cities and why?

Deland, Fl
Level Contributor
11 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: murren vs zermatt

Hello-

We stayed in Wengen and Zermatt earlier this summer. Murren, from what I read, is similar to Wengen though a bit smaller. Zermatt is a larger, more commercial village with one peak visual..that being the Matterhorn. Murren will be in the middle of an area with unlimited beautiful vistas and access to incredible sights such as the Jungfraujoch. There are no words to describe the beauty of the Bernese Oberland area but if you want a more active, touristy and upscale Swiss village then Zermatt might be the better choice. I hope this helps.

Manchester, UK
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: murren vs zermatt

Been to both. Murren wins hands down. Zermatt is a one mountain town whereas Murren sits below the mighty peaks of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau and has stunning views across the valley. Although the area has been devasted by floods recently, I believe that Murren is reachable albeit by limited bus service.