We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Murren

Which Murren hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants in Murren

We are bringing our parents on a return trip to Murren at the beginning of May for a week. What are your restaurant recommendations?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Murren

Not sure this will be helpful, but a few years ago I went to Murren in late May, and since it was the off-season (summer season starts in June) most hotels/restos were closed. Only 2 hotels were open, mine (Hotel Alpina) and another one. Both have restos, of course. But other than that, only a Chinese resto was open - the owners were very friendly (originally from Singapore) and I had a great time chatting with them. The name escapes me though.

Cirencester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Murren

My family visited Muerren last August and the restaurant that really stood out for us was the Stager Stubli (on same road as the CoOp and bank. We were impressed that there was a non-smoking room (quite small, but cosy) in addition to the main restaurant area. We were very impressed with the food and service - hope this helps.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,732 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Murren

Hotel Alpenruh has a very nice, although small, restuarant on the ground floor. The hotel is located just next to the Gondola to the Schilthorn.

I also agree with the poster who mentioned how good (and friendly) the asian restaurant was. I have also forgotten the name, but their food is REALLY good. Stager Stubli is a nice authentic, rustic little restaurant.

4. Re: Restaurants in Murren

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 23, 2009