We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying in meiringen

australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
staying in meiringen

Ok folks...it is your fault that I am walking at all! lol

So I have checked out various hotels, B&B's. If you had to choose a cute 'heidi' place to stay....where would you stay?

Please help me.

Gaye

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,231 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: staying in meiringen

Hi ozziewanderer,

If you continue to be plagued by rain in the Oberland:

Thun and its castle

Bern -- streets are covered

Have fun!

s

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,812 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: staying in meiringen

Hi there again

Propably the cable car from Hasliberg to Meiringen will not be working as they start to work later. No worries, you can take the postbus back to Brünig-Hasliberg and then the train down to Meiringen.

pore

australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: staying in meiringen

thanks everyone, Pore and Swandav in particular...you are responsible for me choosing this area! :) Now if you could just make this rain go away. lol

pore thank you for the tips. We did the travel museum and glacier garden yyesterday and today a walking tour. We would love to do Pilatus but it is soo clouded in that it doesn't seem worthwhile. never mind, we will have to come back again. Our daughter is here for 2 years, so I guess we will be back.Looking forward to Meiringen and then Lauterbrunen. Thank you,

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
415 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: staying in meiringen

If it is STILL raining in Lucerne the Bourbaki Circular Panorama is well worth a visit ...indoors and very unusual. Also the Rosengart Foundation, near the station, has priceless Picasso paintings and a whole floor of wonderful Paul Klee works plus lots more great works of art -all collected by a Swiss art dealer and only seen by the public in the last decade or so..

But I do hope the rain has stopped!

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,812 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: staying in meiringen

Hi Gaye

I forgot to tell you about the Glasi at Hergiswil (on lake Lucerne NOT AS MENTIONED BY TA near Willisau). It is a Glas museum and factory. After a show about glas history you can see the glas blowers at work.

Take a boat or a train to Hergiswil for this.

And today, sunday, there is a slow up in the area. You walk or cycle on traffic free roads. There is a roundtrip between Brunnen and Goldau. We did want to participate but may be watching the soccor game this afternoon instead.

I hope not to be too late.

pore

australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: staying in meiringen

Hi pore,

I have only just found this message and am so disappointed...I am a glass artist back in Oz and didn't know about Glasi. I saw the sign today on the way to Pilatus and it was too late to get off the steamer. ... Never mind, I will have to come back again. :)

Gaye

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,812 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: staying in meiringen

Hi Gaye

We are looking forward to have you back soon!

pore

18. Re: staying in meiringen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 15, 2010