We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch?

Singapore
Level Contributor
71 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest way from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch?

Hi all, I will be doing a trip to the Jungfrau region in early August and I would like to know the cheapest way to get to the following places:

Lauterbrunnen > Eigergletscher (hike to Gimmelwald) > Gimmelwald > Jungfraujoch > Lauterbrunnen

I will be departing to Eigergletscher from Lauterbrunnen to go on the Eiger trail and will end at Gimmelwald. From there, I would like to go to the top of Europe and then back to Lauterbrunnen.

Would it be possible for me to simply buy a return trip from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch? Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Singapore
Level Contributor
71 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch?

There was a typo. It should be:

Lauterbrunnen > Eigergletscher (hike to Grindelwald) > Grindelwald > Jungfraujoch > Lauterbrunnen

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch?

You seem to have things a little off.

If you go to Eigergletcher you will be at the starting point for the trip to the Jungfraujoch. It wouldn't make sense for you to go all the way down to Grindelwlad on the trail then come all the way back up to go up the Jungfrau.

Start in Lauterbrunnen first thing in the morning with the early morning discount ticket up to the Jungfraujoch. When you come down you can get off the train at Eigergletcher or Kleine Scheidegg then take the Eiger trail down to Grindelwald. From Grindelwald you have several choices to get back to Lauterbrunnen. The least expensive is the valley train through Zweilutchenen.

Singapore
Level Contributor
71 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest way from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch?

I would like to know if a round ticket from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch allows me to board multiple times?

In other words, will I be able to board at Lauterbrunnen, again at Jungfraujoch and then once more at Grindelwald?

Edited: 8:34 pm, July 10, 2013
W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest way from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch?

You can get on and off the train during the same day. For instance if you took the train from Lauterbrunnen up to Klein Scheidegg( on your way to Jungfraujoch) you can get off the train, eat lunch at the cafe and get on the next train up to the Jungfrau.

Bathgate, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest way from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch?

Hi tagging onto this info request. I can't seem to get a price for a return trip from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfrau. Can anyone advise. Looking to be in this are June/July 2014

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest way from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch?

Lowest regular fare is 44.80 CF each way so total would be 89.60CF. If you buy the early morning ticket you will get a discount.

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
6,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheapest way from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch?

The return fare is 176.20 CHF.

jungfrau.ch/en/…

Bathgate, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheapest way from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch?

Thanks. Can you supply the link where this info was given. Much appreciated.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheapest way from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch?

The link in the post above yours, by swissaholic is your best bet

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheapest way from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch?

Sorry, Swissaholic is right. I got the 89.60 fare off the "half fare card" The regular fare is 176.20 CF.