We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungfraubahn discounts with Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,163 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
Jungfraubahn discounts with Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass

Here is a copy of an e-mail from the HQ of the Jungfraubahn which gives precise information about what discounts are available to holders of Swiss Passes and Flexi passes which are being used that day, as well as information on costs when Flexi passes are not being used that particular day:

The passes are valid as follows:

Swiss Pass:

Free travel Interlaken Ost to Wengen and Interlaken Ost to Grindelwald, further up in direction to Kleine Scheidegg and Jungfraujoch 25 % reduction.

Swiss Flexi Pass:

- On activated days: Same validity as with Swiss Pass

- Within the valid period: Interlaken Ost to Wengen and Interlaken Ost to Grindelwald 50 % reduction, further up in direction to Kleine Scheidegg and Jungfraujoch 25 % reduction.

If they travel Interlaken Ost – Jungfraujoch return the prices are:

With Swiss Pass / Swiss Flexi Pass on activated days CHF 131.-

Swiss Flexi Pass within the valid period: CHF 141.80

If you need any more information, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Further we can suggest you our website: www.jungfrau.ch.

Best regards from sunny Interlaken.

JUNGFRAUBAHNEN / JUNGFRAU RAILWAYS

Rail Info

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,163 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Jungfraubahn discounts with Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass

I think it is to Wengen,Tak - at least that is what the lady at the Jungfraubahn told me. Swiss passes work 100% to Wengen and also to Mürren if one is over there... above either one gets a discount.

Frankly going from Zürich to the Jungfraujoch and back in one day is a LOT of train! Zürich to Bern (1 hr) Bern to Interlaken Ost (1hr) I.O. to Lauterbrunnen (35 mins) and then 90 mins to the Jungfraujoch, all to be repeated on the return. Allowing for two hours at the top this is a 10 hour day at minimum!

Maryland
Level Contributor
101 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Jungfraubahn discounts with Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass

Is there a further discount for children (ages 5, 8, 10) to go to Jungfrua?

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,163 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Jungfraubahn discounts with Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass

Children under 6 are free everywhere on public transport and that includes the Jungfraubahn.

For the 8 and 10 yr old. You should get a Family card. That will cost you 30frs at any SBB station. That then enables your children to travel FREE as long as they are with you. All over the country. If you are getting a Swiss pass a Family card comes with it for free... Otherwise children 6-16 pay 50% of fares everywhere.

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Jungfraubahn discounts with Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass

Hi Hambagahle,

Thanks for your detailed inputs in the above post. Just wanted to confirm if these offers are still valid during November-December as I am visiting Jungfrau region in that time.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,163 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Jungfraubahn discounts with Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass

These discounts are year round and not tied to any season of the year.

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Jungfraubahn discounts with Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass

Hi Hambagahle,

Once again thanks for your inputs.

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Jungfraubahn discounts with Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass

Hi,

One last question before I click the buy button, is there any difference between the offers/discounts on 1st and 2nd class of the Swiss pass.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,163 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Jungfraubahn discounts with Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass

No - the discounts are the same - and anyway there is no First class service on the Jungfrau train above Kleine Scheidegg. If you mean is it better to buy First Class or Second - that is a matter of personal choice. I much prefer the additional space and comfort that First class offers. Also it tends to be quieter and easier to get a seat as well. But you will get to your destination in the same time with both! (Of course!!)

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Jungfraubahn discounts with Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass

Hi Hambagahle,

Thanks a lot. I meant only the discounts part.

20. Re: Jungfraubahn discounts with Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 29, 2015