We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3D2N in Jungfrau itinerary

Singapore
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Topic
3D2N in Jungfrau itinerary

hi all,

i need some help here with my itinerary, i know is very pack but i wonder if is feasible? if not, which one should i drop? thks :)

i will be staying at grindelwald for the 3 days from 8 to 10 may

day 1

reach 8+ am at grindelwald

visit jungfraujoch include snow fun park if weather is gd and stay till mid afternoon

take train to Kleine Scheidegg and trail walk down to wengen, and catch a train back to grindelwald

day 2

start off early morning at 7am from grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen, cable car from Lauterbrunnen to Grutschalp, trail walk grutschalp to murren, at murren catch a cable car up to Schilthorn, after schiltorn, cable car back to murren, walk to grimmelwald and cable car to Stechelberg, bus back to lauterbrunnen

walk from lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg to see Trümmelbach falls and bus back to lauterbrunnen (reason for this backtrack as i heard best valley view was from lauterbrunnen direction to stechelberg?)

with the above, what time will i end?

can i take train back to grindelwald, and still got time to catch cable car to First, and walk the trail First to Bachalpsee and back to First?

or is there any way i can squeeze the lake brien cruise? or which part of the itinerary i should drop if all the above are too rush?

thank you :)

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3D2N in Jungfrau itinerary

I think you may have some trouble with a few of the legs in your journey. That early in the year the trail from Kleine Scheidegg to Wengen and the trail from First up to Bachalpsee may be still snow covered or at best quite muddy. You could however take the train from Kleine Scheidegg to Winteregg then get off and walk the rest of the way.

The rest of your schedule seems ok but be sure to wear sturdy footwear (waterproof if possible) just in case the weather hasn't melted all the snow by the time you get there.

Also on the day you go to Murren the bus from Stechelberg back to Lauterbrunnen stops at the Trummelbach Falls so there is no need to go all the way back to Lauterbrunnen before coming back to the falls.

Singapore
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3D2N in Jungfrau itinerary

thks mountaintopper :)

i will skip if those trails are still covered with snow :)

by the way, would the trails be nicer from grutschalp to murren or the other way round (murren to grutschalp)?

would you happen to know how long it take to walk from lauterbrunnen to trummelbach falls and to Stechelberg to take the cable car?

3. Re: 3D2N in Jungfrau itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 16, 2014