We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying tickets for Jungfraujoch/schilthorn

webeagle12
Level Contributor
145 posts
14 reviews
8 helpful votes
Buying tickets for Jungfraujoch/schilthorn

I plan to stay 6 days in Lauterbrunnen and visit Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn, and Grindelwald and during my stay. I'm a little confused how all tickets process works.

Is it possible for me to purchase all tickets I need on first day I get there (Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn, Grindelwald-First cable car, etc..) and use them when I want? (Jungfraujoch one day, Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn, 2nd day, etc...)

Also do I buy all tickets from same ticket office or I have to go buy ticket for Jungfraujoch in one location, Schilthorn in other location.... etc?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
15,279 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Buying tickets for Jungfraujoch/schilthorn

I think some tickets are valid only for a given day, so you have to specify the date when buying. Since you should decide based n the weather, it would make more sense NOT to buy on the day of arrival but simply plan 5-10 more minutes in the morning before departure to buy the ticket.

W. Palm Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
12 reviews
52 helpful votes
2. Re: Buying tickets for Jungfraujoch/schilthorn

I agree. Decide each days agenda when you get up and check out the weather. Then just buy the ticket at the various stations.

trip_too_far
Level Contributor
233 posts
25 reviews
52 helpful votes
3. Re: Buying tickets for Jungfraujoch/schilthorn

Do you need to book seats in advance for any of these or is it ok to just term up at the station and ask for what you want?

Chico, California
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
34 reviews
20 helpful votes
4. Re: Buying tickets for Jungfraujoch/schilthorn

No, you do not need to book in advance or reserve a seat.

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,114 posts
17 reviews
57 helpful votes
5. Re: Buying tickets for Jungfraujoch/schilthorn

There is no reserved seating for the trains up into the mountains above Interlaken.

Yes, check the webcams and weather forecast before deciding were to travel each day. Jungfrau and Schilthorn can be socked in the clouds.

Remember that the tickets are for round-trip travel through out the day. You can stop anywhere along the way and take the next train or cable car. Service is operated every 30-minutes.

For the Jungfraujoch do the RT trip via:

Lauterbrunnen-Wengen-Kleine S.-Jungfrau- Kleine S.

Grindelwald-Kleine S.-Jungfrau-Kleine S.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
5,332 posts
359 reviews
797 helpful votes
6. Re: Buying tickets for Jungfraujoch/schilthorn

You can buy the tickets at any train station in Switzerland.

7. Re: Buying tickets for Jungfraujoch/schilthorn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 24, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Jungfrau Region