We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guided Jungfrau tour

KL
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Guided Jungfrau tour

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone tried the Jungfrau tour ?

Is it worth it compared to the Good morning ticket ?

Seems like the tour has more value, but would like to know more...

thanks!

E

W. Palm Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guided Jungfrau tour

I'm not sure what tour you are referring to.

KL
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Guided Jungfrau tour

ah, sorry. It's the Jungfrau 1 day Guided Tour.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
5,052 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guided Jungfrau tour

There is absolutely NO need for a Jungfrau "Tour". You just buy a train ticket to the Jungfrau and get on the train...you don't need anybody to show it to you. The train takes you there and you disembark. You get out, walk around, see the sights, follow all of the other people who are sightseeing. It's absolutely easy and the train ride and scenery are amazing.

KL
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Guided Jungfrau tour

Thanks for tip,

I'll go for the Good Morning Ticket then...seems like there's several trains I can hop on and off to view the sights until 12.30pm when I must start making my way down...

E

Lakewood, California
Level Contributor
44 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guided Jungfrau tour

On the train up, they will stop twice to have you get use to the altitude. Get out of the train and look out the windows at the rest stops. The Ice Palace is fabulous. On the top of the buiding, black mountain birds will eat from your hands (we took nuts and raisins). The food is very expensive up there. Even though we didn't have the best weather the day we went, it was a very memorable day and I hope I can return someday.

KL
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Guided Jungfrau tour

Thanks for the tip Shikari....

At least I don't have to sit inside to wait. Good time for photos!

cheers!

E

7. Re: Guided Jungfrau tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 25, 2009