My proposed plan is:
day one : flying in zurich around noon. wander aimlessly for the rest of the day.
day two: train to lucerne. check in a budget hotel or a hostel. Take the "Golden Round Trip" to Pilatus kulm. Visit the Chapel Bridge ( time permitting)
day three: Early morning train to Engelberg. Move further to Mt. Titlis via aerial cablecar. Return back to Lucerne for overnight stay.
day four : early morning train to Interlaken. check in a budget hotel/hostel/BnB. Head out to Jungfrau. My planned trip is :
Rest of the day at some cafe, gazing at the lake.
day 4: train to paris. Still working upon the best train/bus available.
Need help for the following:
1. Is it worth the time and money to stay at Zurich or should I move directly to lucerne by train on the same day? if not, what cheap accommodations are available?
2. Is the tour of Pilatus Klum as good as the guide books make it out? Also is the boat cruise to Alpnachstad recommended or I should take a train?
3. What combined ticket/pass should I purchase for travelling to Mt. Titlis, so that maximum cable rides are covered?
4. Similarily what combined ticket/pass is most economical for Jungfrau?
5. I will be continuing to paris after Switzerland. Is there any way to move to paris without having to return to interlaken? Is some train available from somewhere near or around Jungfrau?
6. It's silly to ask but if one had to cut down on expenses in Lucerne, what trip should be axed from the above? Also which will prove better economically between Jungfrau and Mt. Titlis?
7. Since I will be travelling to Italy, france, amsterdam, berlin, prague, vienna, and brussels, what pass should i purchase for maximum benefits on travel and sightseeing.
Utterly confused !!