We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

too many cable-cars and train options in the area

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
too many cable-cars and train options in the area

hello good people.

travelling next june with my wife and 19 months old baby, staying 11 nights in iseltwald.

i got confused from all the options: there is the Schynigeplatte train from wilderswil, and the brienz-rothorn-bahn and there is the cable car from beatenberg and the one from interlaken to harder-klam...

i will probably wont do all the four... i would like to hear your opinion which gives the best views (and the second...) -

also main considiration for us will be if there are some easy hike/walk that accessible for boggies in one of those spots...

thanks everyone

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: too many cable-cars and train options in the area

They are all good viewing points the Schynigge Platte Bahn is one of my favourites.

Second in the list is the Brienz Rothorn.

The footpaths at the top of these attractions are mainly of gravel than of tarmac, you could probably use a light buggy and be prepared to carry your toddler.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: too many cable-cars and train options in the area

then there's one from where you are staying up to Suwald and more that are quite local to you to Murren. My favourite is Lauterbrunnen to Grutschalp to Murren, very bay buggy friendly and views of Eiger, Monsch and Jungfrau.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: too many cable-cars and train options in the area

thanks for the replies

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: too many cable-cars and train options in the area

You will need to check about the carriage of buggies on the different mountain railways. The Brienzer Rothorn website states it will only take pushchairs if folded.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: too many cable-cars and train options in the area

thanks marmot12 -

actually if there are no accessible walking path up in those mountains than we wont really need the pram up there so there is no problam...

6. Re: too many cable-cars and train options in the area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 04, 2015