We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Swiss pass?

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
Which Swiss pass?

Hello,

I need some advice please.

We will be travelling to Interlaken next Sep for a week, 2 adults, a 5 yr old and a 3 year old. We are staying with eurocamp who say train, bus, boat travel is included to 'Interlaken & beyond' (have enquired as to where beyond may be, but nobody seems to know) Does anybody know?

I am thinking the above is probably just local travel, if so we need to look at a Swiss Pass,

As we have 2 young children we won't be taking them on big journeys each day, so am thinking a 4 day swiss pass would be best,

But do we need a 4 day flexi pass? or is just a 4 day swiss pass ok?

Is the half price card an option if we are only going to be doing maybe 2 or 3 big trips in a week.

hopefully all the above makes sense.

Thank you

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,772 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Swiss pass?

> Does anybody know?

I expect they are talking about the Interlaken Guest Card.

interlaken.ch/en/information-and-journey-to-…

files.gadmin.ch/50810…

Without knowing where you intend to visit by public transport it is impossible to say which pass if any would save you money over p2p tickets. The Swiss Travel Centre say 'The Swiss Half-Fare Card is especially beneficial to motorists'.

rail.stc.co.uk/swisshalffarecard.html

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Swiss pass?

The free transport in Interlaken definitely should be what swissaholic already provided links for. You get a guest card when you check in which gives you "free" transport in the Interlaken area (as you pay resort tax it is not really free)

Do you just want to do day trips in the region up to Lucerne, Bern and south up to Brig? The Bernese Oberland regional pass might be an alternative.

If beyond of course then a Swiss pass or a half fare card might be better. But only you can decide/do the math depending on what you plan to do. Use http://www.sbb.ch to calculate fares and to get an idea what suits you best.

London, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Swiss pass?

Hello, and thank you for replying, apologies for delay in responding, I have had very intermittent internet!!

Yes we are wanting day trips within the Lucerne region etc, I don't want to be dragging the children around too much and want to have a relaxing holiday without having to stick to a rigid itinerary. The Bernese pass sounds like a good option.

Thank you for your help!!

4. Re: Which Swiss pass?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 11, 2014