We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Thun & Brienz Cruise

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Lake Thun & Brienz Cruise

Dear Forum Members

Can someone please advise I have to choose between these cruises because of shortage of time, which one is preferable either because of the scenery surrounding the lake or because of activities in Brienz or Thun

Thanks

Malik

Olten, Switzerland
Level Contributor
36 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Thun & Brienz Cruise

Hi Malik

I would recommend to take the Lake Thun Cruise directly to Interlaken. From there you can directly start a Brienz Lake tour if you have enough time.

Or you can go back again by Boat to Thun. If you have definitly no time, you can take the cruise ship from Thun to Interlaken and then with the Train back from Interlaken to Thun.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Thun & Brienz Cruise

I'd do a Lake Thun cruise, Brienz with the Ballenberg open air museum near by and the train up the Rothorn is also nice, but I find the cruise on Lake Thun a lot more picturesque (alone the blue of the water is for me breathtaking every time am there), I would just do it one way, that is totally sufficient, maybe get off in Spiez, visit the Beatus caves, or go up to Beatenberg and the Niederhorn and Thun is wonderful.

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Thun & Brienz Cruise

Personally I like Lake Brienz. The villages along the shore are much more quaint and the water of the lake is a brilliant blue.

4. Re: Lake Thun & Brienz Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 13, 2014