We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day in interlaken

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
one day in interlaken

Sir,

Is it possible to visit Jungfraujoch, Trümmelbach Falls & Beatus Caves in one day. I am having only one day. Jungfraujoch & Fall visit is must. & I am interested in Beats Cave also. so please guide me. Also please advice me how to travel from one place to another.

in advance thanks to everybody for advice

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
32,862 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one day in interlaken

Not easily. It will take all morning, and maybe then some, to go up to the Jungfraujoch, spend time there and get back down. And you really should visit Wengen on the way back down as it is a shame to by pass a nice little car free village like Wengen!

Then you will need to get a post bus to the Trümmelbach falls which clearly means waiting a bit at the Lauterbrunnen station. the ride is short (5mins) and you can walk it in about 20mins. Then your visit to the falls, then back to Interlaken where Ipresume you are staying (?). The Beatus caves are on the north side of lake Thun so that involves another (shorter) journey by postbus from Interlaken which takes roughly half an hour. And of course you have to get back. The caves close at 5pm and the tour of the caves leaves every 30 mins so that might also involve a wait! The tour takes 1hr 15mins.

So - time line! -

Leave Interlaken Ost about 0730

Get to jungfraujoch around 10.00

Leave Jungfraujoch around 1200

Wengen for 30 mins and back to Lauterbrunnen roughly at 1430

To Trummelbach Falls, time there and back to Lauterbrunnen by 1600

Back in Interlaken around 1630

Caves will be closed by the time you get there... You could cut the time at the Jungfraujoch by an hour and just, barely just, squeeze it all in! I wouldn't if I were you since the Jungfraujoch is fascinating and beautiful.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one day in interlaken

Thank you very much Madam for prompt reply.

It is clear that I can do only Jungfraujoch & Water fall in whole day as per your guideline.

As per your advice, definitely I will spend little time in Wengen.

Our night stay is at Interlaken only.

So next morning if I plan to visit Beatus caves, how much time it will take.

Also tell me how to travel from Interlaken to Beatus cave by public transport.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
32,862 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one day in interlaken

You get a local bus that goes from various stops in Interlaken to the caves. Time from the Interlaken Ost station (I used this because you would have been coming down from Lauterbrunnen) is 25mins. Roughly speaking, two buses an hour. But you can enter your stop and get the times on www.sbb.ch/en If you have a Swiss pass it will cover the bus to and from the caves.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one day in interlaken

Thank you very much madam.

To visit Beatus Cave is a nice experience.

I will check my program & will spare 2/3 hrs for cave tour.

once again thank you for your valuable guidance.

5. Re: one day in interlaken

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 16, 2014