We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interlaken Ost to Jungfraujoch

UAE
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Interlaken Ost to Jungfraujoch

This is our first trip to Switzerland. We will be staying in Zurich for 04 nights and Interlaken for 04 nights.We have already purchased the swiss flexi pass from our travel agent. This is what I need to know about both the places. Please guide me.

Interlaken

How is the flexi pass validated? Do we just approach the ticketing counter?

From Interlaken to Jungfraujoch do we have to change trains? If we do, does the pass need to be validated again? Which other train do we have to board in order to reach jungfraujoch?

Will my flexi pass cover the changes or do I have to buy another ticket? if yes what is the approximate cost.

Zurich

What is the cost of the ticket from Zurich Airport to Zurich train station?

What is the approximate cost of a tram ticket from Zurich main station to Freihofstrasse?

Are there clear indications inside the station for trams?

Lastly on the way back from Interlaken to Zurich Airport, do we have to make confirmed reservations for our train back?

This is our first travel and I have never used this pass before.

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
6,270 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interlaken Ost to Jungfraujoch

>How is the flexi pass validated? Do we just approach the ticketing counter?

The Swiss Flexi-Pass has to be validated only once and that is before the first time you use it. Presumably this will be while you are staying in Zurich so it can be done then at a ticket counter.

>From Interlaken to Jungfraujoch do we have to change trains?

Yes. You will change at Lauterbrunnen if going via Wengen and at Grindelwald if taking that route. With both routes you will also change at Kleine Scheidegg.

>Will my flexi pass cover the changes or do I have to buy another ticket? if yes what is the approximate cost.

On a validated day the pass will cover you to Wengen/Grindelwald. Above that you will pay a further 131 CHF for the round trip.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interlaken Ost to Jungfraujoch

No, you don't need to make reservations for trains. From interlaken there are very regular trains, just choose the one you want and get on it.

it's easy to find trams from Zurich main station, but it's worth finding out in advance what tram you want, hence where to get it.

UAE
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interlaken Ost to Jungfraujoch

Thank you very much.

4. Re: Interlaken Ost to Jungfraujoch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 14, 2014