We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please reveiw - 6days in interlaken

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UAE
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Please reveiw - 6days in interlaken

Dear All

Thanks for your all suggestions.

Like to revive I am visiting to Interlaken for six days next week with wife and two children.

Staying in wilderswil

With the help of your suggestions I have made some plan.

Please review plan for 6 days and suggest me where are some lacks or I am missing something which is very important or I what should be proper sequence.

I have kept one day for rest in between, Is there any suggestion on that.

Day 1 - Jungfraujoch

Day2 – In Golden Pass Line

(From Interlaken visit upto Montreux or Chocolate Factory, Broc and come back to Interlaken)

Day 3 – Shilthorn and Trummelbach fall

Day 4- Rest Day (???)

Day 5- Ride in steamer on lake Brienz + Open-Air Museum Ballenberg

Day 6 - Schynige Platte with Alpine Garden and "Teddyland" + (Harder Kulm or Heimwehfluh)

Appreciate your replies.

Regards

Anoop

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please reveiw - 6days in interlaken

On day 1 when you visit the Jungfraujoch you could take some time in Wengen on the way up and Grindelwald on the way down to see the two villages. It shouldn't increase costs and they both are charming. Especially Wengen.

Scheduling a rest day is a good idea. If you run into bad weather on one of your other days you can substitute it for your rest day.

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please reveiw - 6days in interlaken

Have a good time. We look forward to reading your trip report!

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
987 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please reveiw - 6days in interlaken

Day 4: Go up the Harder , have lunch and enjoy the view. Get a beautiful bird's-eye view of the entire Jungfrau Region from Harder Kulm. Nestling between the Lakes of Thun and Brienz lies the "Bödeli" with its internationally famous resort of Interlaken. The Alpine foothills to the north and mighty 4000-metre peaks to the south form a garland around the Harder.

Harder Kulm offers absolutely unbeatable views over the world-famous resort of Interlaken, Lakes Thun and Brienz and the entire Jungfrau Region.

Harder Kulm Mountain Restaurant

Restaurant for 100 persons

Spacious sun terrace for 80 persons

Season 2006: 29 April – 29 October

The small red funicular takes only 8 minutes to travel from the valley station (near Interlaken Ost Railway Station) up to the Harder Kulm (1322 m).

Take one of the many hiking trails at the top or simply relax and admire the glorious views from the garden terrace.

An Alpine Wildlife Park with ibex and marmots and an informative Nature Trail are found close to the valley station

UAE
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please reveiw - 6days in interlaken

Dear All

Thanks for all your suggestions.

But I need critical comments on plan.......

What is missing in plan which is worth to visit ?

I am leaving day day after tommorow

Appreciate quick replies.

Regards

Anoop

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please reveiw - 6days in interlaken

As I said the plan seems fine. But..........plans in the Alps always depend on the weather. Just be flexible to be able to move activities from one day to another to adjust to weather conditions. If the weather forcast says it's going to rain on your day 3 then move that to your day off, etc.

All of the things you have listed are good things to see and do. If you can fit them all in a short 6 days you will have a great trip.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
415 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please reveiw - 6days in interlaken

If you are staying in Wilderswil you might appreciate this evening stroll ....

Walk to Baren Hotel.Walk past it to Alpenblick Hotel.Keeping Alpenblick on your left ,keep walking up hill until you see the sign for Belmont hotel.Turn right and follow road to Belmont Hotel.Carry on PAST hotel and you will find a little,(flat )path under the trees.This narrow path has lovely views over towards Lake Brienz.You may want to sit awhile on one of several seats. Walk to end of path then cross little bridge over stream and turn downwards.Steep road down to village.Turn right at road junction and walk back to Baren or to your hotel,(or turn left for a drink at lovely Hotel Schlossli).....Short walk if you can resist staying awhile to admire views!

Have good holiday!

UAE
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Please reveiw - 6days in interlaken

Thanks for all advices.

Just now leaving for zurich

Anoop

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
188 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please reveiw - 6days in interlaken

Are you not visiting Mt. Titlis and Lucerne. They are both beautiful. You can do a day trip from Interlaken and visit both the places or you can visit just visit Mt. Titlis. Its worth visiting.

Manchester
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Please reveiw - 6days in interlaken

Sounds like a good plan - again, as most members point out - be flexible, the weather can change.

Stopping at one of the little villages on way to Jungfrau is a good idea - as it is to get this trip out of the way first thing (weather permitting). Take a break on the way upto Jungfrau - you could stop at one of the higher altitude villages or Klein Schedding (spellos?) for a meal for an hour, the quick change in altitude can make you (or the children) a bit uncomfortable. Again check the weather and the cameras.

A good day to enjoy may just be walking along routes from Wengen or Grindelwald - if the weather is nice and sunny. You also may want to consider Mt Titlis as an alternative - again its good to have substitute activities for things where the weather may be a dampner - and remember to relax and not rush - the mantra for travelling with children. Share the snaps once you are back...

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,718 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please reveiw - 6days in interlaken

I have to disagree with the last poster. On a warm sunny day, getting to the top fast should be your first priority. First because it gets crowded, and secondly, from about noon the storm clouds tend to build up in the mountains, and if you dawdle n the way up you may arrive in the middle of a thunderstorm - while all the lowlands enjoy their summer day. If you want to make stops, do it on the way down.