We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservation compulsory in Golden Pass train for individuals?

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, Andhra...
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Topic
Reservation compulsory in Golden Pass train for individuals?

Hi,

Is reservation compulsory for Golden Pass train? I will be visiting in June and will be having a swiss Pass. I plan to take the morning 10.25-12.13 panaromic train from zweissmen-Montreux. In the new timetable pdf I got from the site, I see stated:

Zweisimmen-Montreux

- obligatorische, zuschlagpflichtige

Platzreservierung für Gruppen

- réservation obligatoire pour

groupes avec supplément

Does this mean reservation is now compulsory for individual travellers also. Can someone please confirm.

Thanks,

Krati

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Reservation compulsory in Golden Pass train for individuals?

Hello all,

Thanks to all experts for posting the comments. Like Krati J, I also plan to travel on the Golden pass train, but from Montreux to Interlaken (total 5 people) on 11th September at 9:44 am.

Is reservation recommended at this time of the year as well, which is just after the July-August vacation period? Will trains be full, or I can also go ahead without reserving?

Thanks in advance..!!

Newquay, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Reservation compulsory in Golden Pass train for individuals?

I am travelling on the golden pass line from Lucerne to Montreux on the 3rd of June next year, I can only travel on this day so if the trains are full I will be in trouble. Then I find that this is in fact three train journeys. The first section Lucerne to Interlaken seems to be on the Luzern Interlaken Express no sign of any Golden Pass panoramic trains although this train looks great do I need a seat reservation for this? The next section is Interlaken to Zweisimmen and there doesn't seem to be any panoramic carriages at all so presume no seat reservation necessary then the Zweisimmen to Montreux section has the panoramic carriages but says only book reservations for the VIP seats (by the way anyone know how much more expensive these are?) So confused? Should I just book seats anyway? What do I ask for at the station just a golden pass ticket Lucerne to Montreux and would I have to give times of the three different trains I wanted to catch. Also is it worth getting off and looking around at Interlaken on the way and can I leave my luggage at the station. Sorry so many questions Any help would be really appreciated : )

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,636 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Reservation compulsory in Golden Pass train for individuals?

It is unlikely that trains will be full on a Tuesday in early June.

Golden Pass Panoramic trains only run between Zweisimmen and Montreux.

You do not need reservations on any section unless you wish to travel in the VIP seats at the front of the train that leaves Zweisimmen for Montreux at 12:25. Reservation costs 15 CHF.

You will only need one ticket for the journey. Just ask for a ticket from Lucerne to Montreux via Interlakern Ost and Zweisimmen. The ticket is valid for the whole day so no times are necessary.

Unless you like looking at souvenir shops there is little point in stopping in Interlaken.

www.goldenpass.ch/?Language=EN

www.zentralbahn.ch/en

14. Re: Reservation compulsory in Golden Pass train for individuals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 30, 2014