We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket at Interlaken Ost station?

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, Andhra...
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Topic
Supermarket at Interlaken Ost station?

Hi,

I will be reaching Interlaken (ost) station around 6-7 in the evening (June). I am looking for a budget place to buy some snacks and possibly pack some dinner for us. We are vegetarians. I will be travelling with luggage further to lauterbrunnen, so anything inside the train station will be most convenient.

- Is there a supermarket (CO-OP I read) inside the train station, or outside it?

- Is there a burger king somewhere near by Interlaken Ost station.

Any other suggestions for some eating options in this area are most welcome.

San Jose, CA
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket at Interlaken Ost station?

There is a very large Coop with internal restaurant directly across the street from Interlaken Ost station. Hours:

Sunday - closed

Mon - Thurs - 8:00 am - 7:00 pm

Friday - 8:00 am - 9:00 pm

Saturday - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket at Interlaken Ost station?

The co-op is just opposite the train station and is the largest supermarket in Interlaken , the Migros at the other end of town is just opposite the West station. There is no Burger King in Interlaken , McDonalds are in the town centre but much nearer the West station. If you walk along the Hohenweg there are several restaurants , the Des Alpes is good for Swiss and Italian food. But lots of other choices all along the road

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
45,980 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket at Interlaken Ost station?

Both Migros and the Co-op have an extensive range of picnic type items. We used both during our recent stay and everything we bought seemed to be of excellent quality.

There is also a small Co-op at the OPSt station itself. I didn't check, but it might have longer hours, though the range of items will be much smaller. Ther eis also a small supermarket at the West station, which is definitely open later than Migros or the Co-op, as we went in at about 2000 or so!

Guildford
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarket at Interlaken Ost station?

If you are going to be staying in Lauterbrunnen there is also a small Co-op there, near the station. Probably closed by the time you arrive but worth noting for other days.

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarket at Interlaken Ost station?

Hello, can someone advice the COOP supermarket located opposite Interlaken OST train station open on Sundays? Thank you

Bangi
Level Contributor
122 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Supermarket at Interlaken Ost station?

Someone reported that it was open (June 2012) on Sundays.

tripadvisor.com.my/Restaurant_Review-g188081…

Best call them to confirm 033-826 43 88.

Regards

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Supermarket at Interlaken Ost station?

thank you ALL for sharing your experiences....

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Supermarket at Interlaken Ost station?

I have never seen the Coop supermarket open on a Sunday even in August and September but the cafe upstairs is open on a Sunday

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Supermarket at Interlaken Ost station?

Thank you

10. Re: Supermarket at Interlaken Ost station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 22, 2014