We (2 adults and 1 child aged 11) just start planning for our first-time family / kid-friendly trip to Switzerland and Germany in July. The adults visited these 2 countries long time ago with limited memory now. So, all of us may be regarded as first-time travellers.
Most grateful for comments on the following itinerary, and welcome suggestions on what to do / be aware of
(um...my son is allergic to seafood and nuts; restaurants in US/UK are caring about this, but worried when in Europe continent):
Munich (5 days)
- 1 day trip to Salzburg
- 1 day trip to Neuschwan Castle - Viator tour group
Interlaken (4 days)
- 1 day to jungfrau mountain top
- will love relaxing walk to view and feel...
- not make up mind whether hotelling at Interlaken or somewhere else like Grindelwald or Murren?
- 1 day trip to Lucerne?
Zermatt (4 days)
- still pondering what to do; is the stay too long?
- the kid is keen on Glacier train ride for a few hours. Prefer starting and ending in Zermatt to avoid hotel switch.
Geneva (1 day)