We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gemut Car Rental in Europe

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
112 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Gemut Car Rental in Europe

I wanted to report my experience dealing with Gemut Car rental in Europe. I had seen their name on Tripadvisor and saw that some people had a good experience with them. So we felt safe in dealing with them since they had an office here in the us.

When we picked up our car it was very dirty and not completely full of gas, I had just gotten hurt prior to us picking car up so I was in no mood to check everything completely, we just wanted to get out of that town. When we returned the car we did fail to return it full of gas. It was in Munich and it was Oktoberfest. Traffic was crazy and we were just glad to make it to the drop off point.

We returned the car with 3/4 of a tank. Later we were charged over $150 us dollars for 1/4 of a tank of gas. I tried fighting it with my credit company and they refused to fight for me. Stating the fact that $150 us dollars was to much and would fill the whole car up. Also the rep with Gemut, Andy was no help at all! All he did was refer it back to Germany to deal with. I tried calling him several times with no answer or returned call and he was very slow at returning my emails. This company had the best rates and if we had filled the car up we probably would not have had a problems so I just wanted to warn anybody dealing with this company to beware. Take pictures and insist that someone go down and look at the car to verify and get there name!!!! Take pictures of the dash board showing the gas when you pick it up and take pictures of the gas gage when you drop it off and again even if you have to take the rep 2 blocks or several stories down to look at car do it!! I would not say that I would not deal with this company again but I would definitely make sure to cover my butt a little better than I did.

1. Re: Gemut Car Rental in Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 06, 2014