We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days Wengen

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
78 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
2 days Wengen

Hi we will be in Wengen for 2 days (3 nights) in July. We are then moving onto Zermatt for 2 days (3 nights). I am trying to figure out what not to miss while in Wengen. Here is the list I have so far:

Aletsch Glacier

Maennlichenbahn Grindelwald-exit at Kliene Scheidog station and hike to mannlichen to catch cable car to Wengen

Lauterbrunnen Valley Falls

Trummelbach falls

Schilthorn-breakfast

Harder Kulm

Triftbrucke-hiking around and over bridge

I don't think I can do everything on this list in 2 days. What on this list is a must see? Am I missing anything from my list that is a must see? Thank you for any help :-)

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days Wengen

The Lauterbrunnen Valley, Trümmelbach Falls, Mürren and Schilthorn can be done on the same day. Eg, in the morning go straight to the Schilthorn for breakfast, On the way back stop at Mürren to look around, then walk trough the Lauterbrunnen valley from Stechelberg to Lauterbrunnen (easy, about an hour), on the way visit the Truemmelbach Falls.

You might do Männlichen& Kleinen Scheidegg in the morning, at noon travel directly to Harder, after that it's possible to take the 18:10 boat on lake Thun (days are long in July) and eat dinner there.

I would leave out the Trift, it's a longer hike and in total it takes a lot of time to go there. The glacier is not anymore in the lake, it's one of the quickest melting glacier in Switzerland.

Aletsch glacier is on the other side of the mountains already closer to Zermatt. It can be seen from the Jungfraujoch, but more as a remote part of the glacier world up there and not as the well known glacier tongue. Best place to see it is from mountains of the Aletsch area. Eg. from Bettmerhorn or Eggishorn. There is a the famous hike from Bettmerhorn via Marjelesee to Fiescheralp where you can touch the glacier. Best option to include the area in your itinerary is to do it as a side trip when you travel from Wengen to Zermatt. You can send you luagge ahead so you don't need to carry it around.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
78 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days Wengen

Thanks for all the great info!

3. Re: 2 days Wengen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 22, 2014