We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungfrau or Mt. Titlis ?

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,350 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Jungfrau or Mt. Titlis ?

Hi,

I will be in Interlaken with my family this fall and will have time to cover either Jungfrau or Mt. Titlis, cant do both. Which is recommended ? Which one has the cable cars and better scenery ?

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungfrau or Mt. Titlis ?

In Interlaken you are much closer to the Jungfrau (you can see it from town) plus the area around the Jungfrau is so much more beautiful than just the mountain itself. You can take the railroad (Jungfrau bahn) all the way to the Jungfraujoch to the highest station in Europe and the views of the Aletch (sp) glacier are fabulous. Other peaks in the area you should see while you are there include the Shilthorn. The Shilthorn cableway will take you from the valley floor to the top at 10,000 ft in just over 30 minutes.On a clear day the views are great.

The trip through the valleys and up the mountains to get to either peak is worthwhile by itself. .

Mt Titlis has a cable car but is quite a bit farther away.

Clearly I think your time would be better spent in the Jungfrau region.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,350 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungfrau or Mt. Titlis ?

Thanks for the suggestions, this info was just what I wanted. I'll concentrate on Jungfrau region.