We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Gimmelwald-Murren or Meiringen passes

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day trip to Gimmelwald-Murren or Meiringen passes

We are in Interlaken next week for 5 days. We are planning to go to Jungraujoch some day, and may be Lucerne on our way back to Basel (which is our entry and exit point for Switzerland). We are also planning to take Golden pass panoramic if possible.

Apart from these, we have a whole day for ourselves. We are not sure what to do on that day. Some of the ideas that I have after reading around are:

1) Take the cable car at Lauterbrunnen and go to Mürren, and then to Gimmelwald and relax

3) Take the postbus that takes to passes in Meiringen such as Brünig pass.

2) Bicyle around Thun or Brienz

What is a scenic and relaxing activity that we can do close to Interlaken? What would you do on such a day?

Thanks in advance.

D.

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Gimmelwald-Murren or Meiringen passes

Hi D,

I am very partial towards Muerren and for me it will be Muerren - it is a beautiful,car-free village up in the mountains,just take a walk through,enjoy great views of the Jungfrau / Eiger / Moench peaks,later,if you feel,you could take the cable-car up to Schilthorn,spend some time on top and return via Stechelberg.Wonderful scenery all around.

Have fun.

arvind

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Gimmelwald-Murren or Meiringen passes

I agree. If you get good weather head to Murren, Gimmelwald and even the Schilthorn. If the weather is not so good there then the three passes bus trip might be better.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Gimmelwald-Murren or Meiringen passes

Thanks all for the suggestions, and as per your suggestions we chose to go to Mürren..

We did this round trip: Lauterbrunnen-Trümmelbach falls-Stechelberg-Gimmelwald(stopover)-Mürren(long stopover)-Grütschalp-Lauterbrunnen.. Enjoyed every bit of the journey..

Thanks all..

D.

4. Re: Day trip to Gimmelwald-Murren or Meiringen passes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, December 14, 2013