We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Interlaken

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Interlaken

Hi, four of us guys are reaching interlaken in mid September, 2012 for four days. I would like to know about the following:

(I) Good budget hotels in Intelaken

(ii) We are planning excursions to Jungfrau and Titlis. Apart from these two, any other suggestions to go from Interlaken for a day?

(iii) Any tips for the trip.

thanks in advance

Shelly

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
33,435 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Interlaken

Interlaken is not the best base for a trip to Mt Titlis. I suggest you consider an alternative which would be the Schilthorn (where the james Bond film was done). And furthermore I suggest you not stay in Interlaken which is a dull town, sandwiched between two railway stations, and not on a lake and on the plain. Stay in the mountains at Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Mürren or Grindelwald - you will be in spectacular surroundings and you will not spend so much time getting backwards and forwards from Interlaken.

Look at this site for info on hotels in the Jungfrau region:

www.myjungfrau.ch

you click on the village that interests you and it gives all the info about hotels, what to do, how to get there etc.

2. Re: Trip to Interlaken

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 29, 2013